Good things come in (not so) small packages
Brigels enjoys more sunshine than almost anywhere else in Switzerland, with this ski resort topping the table in the ADAC’s ‘small but perfectly formed’ category. The golf course located on Brigels’ panoramic plateau is legendary, while the countless secluded BBQ sites really draw the crowds in summer. On the other hand, Europe’s highest spruce forest is less well-known. It’s called Uaul Scatlè and it is...well, we will not tell you where it is! Brigels is calling you – discover a truly unique village.
The village of Brigels
The centuries-old heart of the village is packed with wooden houses tanned brown by the mountain sun. In fact, the village of Brigels, or Breil, as it is known, has not quite made it to the 21st century. Time passes differently here. Who is going to tell its residents about the hustle and bustle of modern life? There is no through traffic and the handful of holidaymakers want to keep their relaxing oasis just how it is: a sun-soaked paradise, a real gem that is as far as it could be from everyday life.
From a relaxed stroll before dinner to a multi-day hike across the mountain passes, Brigels has the perfect path for any walker, with more than 150 kilometres of hiking routes. They run from the hotel down to the banks of the Rhine and right up into the mountains, at a lofty 2729 metres above sea level. And, just between us, a wander through Uaul Scatlè, Europe’s highest spruce forest, is particularly worth it. But do not tell anyone else!
If you prefer to take it easy, hire an e-bike from one of our partners and pedal away until the last battery light starts blinking. Of course, that is not enough for ambitious types. They can still get their fill, though, thanks to a bike network stretching 1299 kilometres from the source of the Rhine to its gorge, with trails for every level of difficulty. Still not enough? Then you are a perfect candidate for the ‘Tura Roiala’ or ‘Royal Tour’, which climbs no less than 2700 metres over 71 km. This ‘tortura’ even poses a challenge for the most hardened riders. Craving a particular bike? No problem! La Val guests can rent bikes and e-bikes from our local partners at reduced prices.
Brigels. We have got one of the most beautiful golf courses in the whole of Switzerland. The sun-soaked Tschuppina plateau is home to a wonderful 9-hole course. And how can you get there? It’s just a few minutes’ from our hotel! The backdrop makes the experience even more stunning, but we all know variety is the spice of life and we can also recommend two other golf courses nearby: another 9-hole course in Sedrun (28 km), and the 18-hole course at Buna Vista Golf in Sagogn (21.5 km), which is a little closer.
Hike and Bike Delight
If you come to Brigels in the middle of the week, you will have the mountains to yourself! Plus, you can enjoy a relaxing few days at our gem of a hotel, with deluxe board and spa included.
- 41 cosy rooms and suites
- 500 m2 mountain spa
- Restaurant ‘Ustria Miracla’
- Restaurant ‘Da Rubi’
- Bar ‘Da Rubi’
- Sun terrace
- Sunset lounge
- Lobby lounge with fireplace
- ‘Furnascha’ smokers’ lounge with fireplace and library
- ‘Lavalino’ alpine hut bookable up from 6 people
- Seminar room (up to 25 people)
- Free WiFi
- Free transfer from Tavanasa railway station to the hotel and back (when the local bus is not running)
- Tesla and electric charging station
- Free outdoor parking
- Underground car park (for a fee)
- Children’s playroom (unsupervised)
- Souvenir shop
- Ski and golf room
- 9-hole golf course nearby (April – November)
- Free ski shuttle (local bus) to the chairlift in Brigels in winter
- Summer season 2020: 19.06.2020 – 15.11.2020
- Winter season 2020/2021: 19.12.2020 – 05.04.2021
- Summer season 2021: 21.05.2021 - 14.11.2021
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Spa basket for use during your stay
- Hiking rucksacks for use during your stay
- Luis Trenker toiletries
- Flat-screen TV, telephone, safe
- Umbrella for use during your stay
- Prices are per room (2 people) and per night, including a buffet breakfast and entry to the mountain spa, excluding visitor’s tax of CHF 3.00 per person, per night.
- Outdoor parking: free
- WiFi: free
- Additional bed or cot for children aged 0-5: free
- Additional bed or sofa bed for children aged 6-13: CHF 50/night
- Additional bed or sofa bed for teens aged 14 and up, and adults: CHF 100/night
- Underground car park: CHF 15/day
- Dog: CHF 35/day without food; dogs are only permitted in particular room categories
- Check in from 3 p.m. onwards, check out by 11 a.m.
- Late check-out by 5 p.m. available on request: CHF 80.00