Just like visiting friends
We are delighted that you are interested in our hotel. There is quite a bit to say because, after all, La Val is a rather special hotel. It is a little bit smaller, a little bit more sophisticated and a little bit more attentive. And above all, it is a little bit more personal. La Val is not a place for the masses. It is nestled in a small, little-known mountain village far away from the bustling crowds. Is this our vanity talking? It absolutely is! We take great pleasure in running a top-class hotel in the midst of the mountains, where we are surrounded by the untouched wilderness of nature. We also love surprising and delighting our guests – and for their part, our guests seem to love our pairing of unspoilt nature and exquisite culture, whether in our restaurants or our spa. And they come back time and again.
Chris Wieghardt’s career has taken him to the JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach, the Westin Bund Center Shanghai and the Grandhotel Schloss Bensberg in Bergisch Gladbach, to mention just a few. He puts his heart and soul into running hotels: it is in his blood.
Sophisticated hotels and food are right up his street – from Singapore and China all the way to Italy, Greece, Austria and Germany. As a certified hotel management expert, Tim Bennewitz brings his extensive hotel experience to La Val.
Good souls and hard workers, both in the limelight and behind the scenes! Whether they are in the kitchen or up on one of the guest floors, working in service or spa, opening up the parasols in summer or clearing the snow in winter: at La Val, our cheerful, motivated team ensures you feel completely at home. Why? Because service is what sets us apart.
What our guests say
«We were completely satisfied with our stay: a stunningly beautiful room, wonderfully peaceful, beautifully designed spa facilities and an excellent four-course dinner. And while we were enjoying all that, we could charge our Tesla for free in the underground car park. What more could you want?»
- 41 cosy rooms and suites
- 500 m2 mountain spa
- Restaurant ‘Ustria Miracla’
- Restaurant ‘Da Rubi’
- Bar ‘Da Rubi’
- Sun terrace
- Sunset lounge
- Lobby lounge with fireplace
- ‘Furnascha’ smokers’ lounge with fireplace and library
- ‘Lavalino’ alpine hut bookable up from 6 people
- Seminar room (up to 25 people)
- Free WiFi
- Free transfer from Tavanasa railway station to the hotel and back (when the local bus is not running)
- Tesla and electric charging station
- Free outdoor parking
- Underground car park (for a fee)
- Children’s playroom (unsupervised)
- Souvenir shop
- Ski and golf room
- 9-hole golf course nearby (April – November)
- Free ski shuttle (local bus) to the chairlift in Brigels in winter
- Summer season 2020: 19.06.2020 – 15.11.2020
- Winter season 2020/2021: 19.12.2020 – 05.04.2021
- Summer season 2021: 21.05.2021 - 14.11.2021
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Spa basket for use during your stay
- Hiking rucksacks for use during your stay
- Luis Trenker toiletries
- Flat-screen TV, telephone, safe
- Umbrella for use during your stay
- Prices are per room (2 people) and per night, including a buffet breakfast and entry to the mountain spa, excluding visitor’s tax of CHF 3.00 per person, per night.
- Outdoor parking: free
- WiFi: free
- Additional bed or cot for children aged 0-5: free
- Additional bed or sofa bed for children aged 6-13: CHF 50/night
- Additional bed or sofa bed for teens aged 14 and up, and adults: CHF 100/night
- Underground car park: CHF 15/day
- Dog: CHF 35/day without food; dogs are only permitted in particular room categories
- Check in from 3 p.m. onwards, check out by 11 a.m.
- Late check-out by 5 p.m. available on request: CHF 80.00